I use hand outs for my Bible studies and I think it’s very useful for the listeners to assist them in learning what God’s Word wants to teach them. So here are 5 parts that I think every good hand outs should include:
- The outline of the lesson – again this should be just an outline not a transcript of your thank. In a way it will help the listeners to catch up and in your part you can see what you need to teach even if you got side tracked.
- Blank spaces – leave blank spaces which they will answer. This will not only enhance the learning process but it will get the up on their feet without falling asleep.
- Challenging questions – questions provoke the minds to think beyond what they learn. Ask questions that will also give them an appetite to come back and learn more.
- Personal information – this will make them easily get in touch with you if they want to ask more information about what you have given to them.
- The upcoming lesson – a teaser to look forward to. Give them the title or some bits of it so they will come back.
Thanks for reading. Which one of the five do you like?