Previously I wrote an article about the “5 Essential Things to Do to Finish Reading a Book”. Included in the list is number 4 which is ‘Listen or read sermons and articles the book came from”. I explain that:
“Christian books sometimes evolved from a smaller work of an author. Try to find sermons and articles which are tidbits of the book. It will give you a push to read to till the end. It also may help you read the book easy because you already know some parts of it.”
As I recall some of my favorite books and books I want to read has some of its pieces from sermons and messages from the author. It could be a short article, video or MP3 form. It’s so awesome to search it over the internet and enjoy those parts. Parts of it are the sometimes the core of the books and some are teaser. What is great about it, it has the same message that it delivers like the book it is part of. Unlike the book it is easily shared and it won’t take time for someone to digest it in reading. If someone is not really into reading or you want to encourage them to read Christian books, this is a good place to start.
So I made a list of sermons or articles from which some of my favorite book came from. Aside from the books I dearly delighted, I include book I wish I could read and books you might be interested to. I hope and pray you will check out the link and with that you’ll grab the book and read it for your spiritual nourishment:
- Intimacy with God by J. Oswald Sanders – Four Circles of Intimacy with God is the core chapter of the book.
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper – Youtube video of a sermon by John Piper.
- The Hole in Our Holiness by Kevin DeYoung – Youtube interview.
- The Tale of Two Sons by John MacArthur Jr. – Youtube video sermon but I prefer the series MP3.
- Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders – MP3 sermon of the book.
- Do Hard Things by Alex and Brent Harris – the blog entries almost has all the parts of the actual book.
- Platform by Michael Hyatt – part of this book are from post from his awesome blog.
- The Christian Manifesto by Francis Schaeffer – Youtube video by the late Francis Schaeffer.
- Knowing Scriptures by R. C. Sproul – simple but powerful article.
- Preaching with Passion by Alex Montoya – MP3 sermon from SermonAudio.com
Do you have books that you know are part of a sermon or article? You can post it on the comments so we can enjoy it both.