Opening a book especially with a Christian bent is like opening a door to the unknown. We may fear what we will see on the other side but when you get there you’ll find a whole new world of discovery. If you haven’t open one let me give you some perks if you sit, relax and read a book:
- You need encouragement– gone to the desert of discouragement. Well run to the oasis of inspiration and encouragement when you grab that book.
- You learn something new – maybe a biblical lesson or much deeper understanding in doctrine. Whatever it is be prepared to dig some treasures in those precious pages.
- You’re not alone with your experience – something you can relate in real life and find insights on problems or crisis the author is trying to teach.
- You’ll find something worth sharing– gossips and idle chitchat is so common that important things worth talking about are set aside. Break the news: conversations about biblical, spiritual and eternal things matters the most!
- You need Jesus today – Maybe you need to know the gospel or a believer gone astray. Picking up a book will get you near our Savior and Lord. Go get that book!
Do you have number 6? Please post it on the comment section.