Being a youth group leader is a hard task but its fulfilling because you get to share yourself and most importantly God’s Word. So if you’re a novice on this ministry let’s look at 6 important things you need to prepare for this kind of fellowship:
- The time- We hold our fellowship after lunch or 1:30pm before our Gospel Hour. Set your time, be punctual and stick with it.
- The place-Of course it should be at church but on special fellowships it can be on another church or at our members’ home.
- Materials- Bible, notebooks, pens, stuff to be used in games or reflection, microphones, etc.
- Guest speaker- the guest speaker needs to be reminded beforehand the time and place of the fellowship. Also the topic he will preach.
- Everyone’s part –make sure you have delegated it to the group. Before hand they know who will be the opening prayer, games, reflection, special number etc.
- A devotional message- The most important in any fellowships is the preaching part. Know what topic your youth group needs (does it need topic about leadership or evangelism). Prepare it a week before if possible.
I love to hear thoughts about this topic. Please post your comments.