Mountains have a significant place the Bible. Major biblical events took place in this place. So I gather the 7 most prominent and gave some brief info:
- Ararat (Genesis 8:4) – after the global flood, the ark of Noah rested here till the waters subdued and after that everyone in the ark came out and propagate.
- Moriah (Genesis 22:2) – this is the place Abraham offered Isaac. Eventually in the reign of King Solomon, his temple for God was built over there (2 Chronicles 3:1).
- Sinai (Number 3:10)-this is where God gave the 10 Commandments (Exodus 20) to Moses.
- Carmel- this mountain had a showdown between Elijah (the prophet of God) versus Baal’s prophets (1 Kings 18: 17-46).
- Mount of Beatitudes- (Matthew 5:1) scholars’ points out this place is located within the vicinity of Capernaum where greatest sermon ever delivered by Christ Himself.
- Calvary- Golgotha or the place of skull, this mountain (technically it’s a hill like the Mount of Beatitudes) this is where our Lord and Savior was nail to the cross and died for God and our sins (Mark 15:22).
- Mount of Olive or Olivet- lots of evens in Jesus earthly ministry occurred here. Most notable events is on this place Jesus ascended back to heaven (Acts 1:12).
Anymore you might wish to add? Please mention it at the comments.