This list is a no brainer (I can almost hear you say”Duh?!”), but you need this for your laptop or PC. It’s very essential. Your digital life should have the following:
- The Holy Bible-God’s Word in digital format. For your Bible study or devotions. Free software like E-Sword or you can request a FREE copy from Blue Letter Bible. PDF format Bibles will do also. Some of it includes dictionaries, commentaries, devotionals etc so you’ll have a deeper understanding of God’s Word.
- Anti-Virus- to clean all those dirty USB or protects your machine when going online. You can download Avira or Avast for FREE.
- Photo Editing Software– Make your photos or images stunning. Adobe Photoshop is the most popular but you can download (FREE) alternative like GIMP 2. Also if you’re online you can use Picnik.
- E-Book Reader-Some books or articles you can download from the internet is on PDF format. Download Adobe Reader or Foxit to be able to read it. Also you might try Adobe Digital Edition for e-books if you don’t have readers like Nook, Kindle or I-Pad, you can still view it on your PC.
- Video player– can’t watch MP4 formats? Then download video players to play videos you have or you have downloaded on the internet. It will be good if it can play virtually all video formats. I recommend VLC player.
- Internet Browser-No surprise it’s on our list. You wont be able to check your FaceBook (and read this article) if you don’t have this. Orca Browser or Mozilla Firefox will do just great.
- File Extractor/Compressor– for multiple files that are in Zip or RAR format. You can use Win Zip already installed in your PC. For RAR I use Extract Frog which is FREE.
So that’s my list of essential tools your laptop or PC should have. Do you have something to add on the list? Please post it on the comment. I love to hear your answer.
(originally from my Facebook Notes, 20 August 2011)