By no means have I considered myself an expert on graphic designing. I tip my hat to those who are professional in this line. But that shouldn’t stop you and me to be creative and show it to the world. Here are some coals to fire up the graphic designer in you.
- Starts shooting photos- mobile phone or a low MP camera, you have no excuse for not catching that great image. Get those moments that excites you enough. Save it on your laptop or PC.
- Get or download a photo editing software- this will enable you to create, manipulate, enhance photos, graphics, etc. Photoshop is the most popular of this software but you can download alternatives like GIMP 2 for FREE.
- Download textures- these are pictures or wallpapers that has different cool design that are use in graphic design. Google some of it for FREE. Some textures I like are grunge, wood, metal, bokeh, fabric, paper etc. I use it as flyers or cards or simple wallpaper for your laptop.
- Download Photoshop action packs- save your time with editing textures or photos with this action packs for Photoshop. You don’t have to wonder how to add drama to your pictures. Now you can enhance your photographs in a breeze. Google it and you’ll find some for free.
- Download fonts- a simple search in Google will yield tons of fonts. From artsy to funky fonts to dash some cool letters to your work of art.
- Check other photography or graphic design websites- get some dose of tips and inspirations for your design projects.
- Post your works- blog it, put on a photo sharing site like Flickr or post it on FaceBook so others might see it, appreciate it or criticize it.
- Print your works- buy some board, photo or sticker paper and see how your creations in print form. Also it’s a great way to share it by giving it to your friends.
There you have it. Do you want to add some of your ideas? Please post it on the comment.
(originally from my Facebook Notes, 25 August 2011)